Read about all the awesome books for readers of all type. For best selling, future classics go read the 'go join a fictional world' or you might like to head to 'feeding your taste buds'explore and have fun

Friday 24 March 2017

The long drop by Denise Mina

William Watt wants answers about his family's murder. Peter Manuel has them. But Peter Manuel is a liar.

William Watt is an ordinary businessman, a fool, a social climber.

Peter Manuel is a famous liar, a rapist, a criminal. He claims he can get hold of the

gun used to murder Watt's family.

One December night in 1957, Watt meets Manuel in a Glasgow bar to find out what he knows.

Based on true events, The Long Drop is an extraordinarily unsettling, evocative and compelling novel from a writer at the height of her powers.

My review :-  a bone chilling page turner that hooks you up right from the beginning till the end. I was so engrossed in William Watt's story that I read the book in one sitting.  The plot was captivating and enticing, not to mention the absolutely fantastic and engaging prose that flowed well through out the story. I loved it and would recommend it to everyone who reads mystery. The plot twists were fantastic and left me wanting for more of the story. I have my fingers crossed for a sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment